Servers & Operating Systems: OS X, Linux, Windows, Apache Web Server, MySQL database server
Applications: Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator (Creative Suite, Creative Cloud). Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, & Visual Studio, all major browsers, FTP client and server software, and the ever-underestimated plain text editor
Master of Fine Arts in Independent Film & Digital Imaging
Governors State University, University Park, IL
• December 2012
• GPA 3.950/4.0
Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, IL
• May 2007 – May 2010, 42 credits completed in Photography and Art.
• GPA 3.905/4.0
Master of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
• August 2005
• GPA 3.87/4.0
Master Online Teacher Certificate
Illinois Online Network (ION), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
• Graduate level professional certificate in instructional design, assessment, copyright & intellectual property issues, and technology of online teaching.
• November 2002
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Computer Information Systems
Robert Morris College, Chicago, IL 1997
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude, GPA 3.92/4.0
Associate of Science
Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, IL 1994
• Graduated With Honors, GPA 3.21/4.0
Illinois IT Working Connections Institute
Annual week-long graduate level technology training presented
by the ICCB and the University of Illinois at Springfield
• Microsoft SharePoint – May 2010
• Microsoft Expression Studio – May 2009
• Adobe Creative Suite – May 2008
• Ajax & Rich Internet Applications – May 2007
• Game programming with Python – June 2006
• Data Assurance – Certified Ethical Hacker objectives – June 2005
• Linux System Administration – June 2004
Certified Professional Web Developer - World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)
• May 2009
Certified Professional Webmaster - World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)
• May 2008
Certified Professional Web Designer - World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)
• May 2007
Certified Web Developer Associate (CWDVA) - World Organization of Webmasters (WOW)
• June 2005
Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Certified Instructor
• September 2004
Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional Site Designer
• May 2004
CompTIA Network+ Certified Network Service Professional
• August 2003
Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Associate
• August 2002
CompTIA A+ Certified Service Professional
• Service Technician and DOS/Windows – January 2001.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
• Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP+I)
• Windows NT4 Track Completed – October 1999.
• Original MCP Recognition for NT4 Server – June 1998.
Aug 2011 – present
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Assistant Professor, Converged Media
School of Media Arts & Design (SMAD)
• Teach courses in user experience design, web development, and interactive media.
• Coordinator, Web Foundations, 2017 - present
• Admissions Committee, 2017 - present
• Assessment Committee, 2016 - present
• Annual Program Review Committee, 2014 - 2017
• Coordinator, Converged Media Concentration, 2013 - 2017
• Elected member of the SMAD Curriculum & Instruction Committee (C&I), 2012 - 2017
• Faculty Advisor to the SMAD Club, 2011-2016
• Elected member of the SMAD Personnel Advisory Committee (PAC), 2013 - 2015
• Chair of the inter-departmental Computer Oriented Career Options Committee (COCO), 2013 - 2016
• Admissions Committee, Test Coordinator, 2012 - 2013
• 2012 Edith J. Carrier Arboretum Collaborative Fellow
1996 – Present
Freelance Web Development & Photography, Harrisonburg, VA
• Web & user experience design and photography
Aug 2001 – July 2011
Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, IL
Professor, Graphic Communication
Coordinator, Graphic Communication Program
• Taught courses in web programming and application development, web design, creative writing and storytelling for game design, computer networking, and network security.
• Developed and continually updated graphic design courses, programs, and curriculum plans.
• Coordinated the graphic communications program for the Fine & Applied Arts department, 2010 – 2011.
• Coordinated the web development, programming, and networking areas for the Information Technology (IT) department, 2003 – 2010.
• Developed & delivered training workshops for faculty on best practices for implementing technology in the classroom.
• Active in distance education issues and online curriculum development.
• Member of the Instructional Technology committee, 2001 – 2011
• Chair of the Instructional Technology committee, January 2005 – 2009
• Elected member of the Curriculum Committee, 2004 – 2005
• Elected member of the Faculty Senate, August 2004 – July 2011
• Elected Officer of the Faculty Senate (Secretary), January 2006 – 2009
• Selected member of the Technology Planning Committee, January 2007 – 2011
• Member of the Illinois IT Working Connections Institute Faculty Advisory Board, 2006 – 2011
May 2000 – Jan 2001
Computer Learning Centers, Inc. Cherry Hill, NJ
Instructor / Programmer
• Taught courses in web programming and advanced web application development.
• Recorded 93.5% rating on student surveys of instructor performance.
Nov 1998 – Aug 2000
Val-U-Max Computers, Inc. Mt. Laurel, NJ
PC & LAN Technician, Web Programmer
• Performed service, repair, and upgrades on IBM compatible PC’s. Built VMX brand custom computer systems and servers. Provided on-site technical support for local area network clients, including Ethernet cable installation, Windows networking configuration, troubleshooting, administration, and software training. Provided telephone technical support. Created and maintained the store’s web site.